Monday, November 8, 2010

Sweet Little Kaylee,

In three days (or something close to that hopefully) you will arrive in this world. I already know that you are special and I have not even met you yet. You are our first child, and we are so excited to see your beautiful face. Our brief peeks into your world are just not enough anymore, I am ready to hold you with only a blanket separating us and to see your beautiful smile.

We have already formed a bond. I have seen pictures, heard your heartbeat, and received many kicks to my ribs. And yet you are a mystery to me. I don’t know who you will look like, whether or not you will have your dads hair or my eyes. I don’t know what your personality will be like, what your favorite toy will be, or what you‘ll be when you grow up. And still I fall in love with you more each day. I love those little feet that are constantly dancing across my stomach. And that little butt that is sitting just under my ribs making it hard for me to breathe. I never imagined I could love you this much already. 

It has been such an amazing journey getting to know you these past nine months. At times I have felt that my body has been taken over and I have no control. I treasure the feeling of your movements and the blessing it is to have a tiny life grow inside of me. I am going to miss having you all to myself. When I am exhausted or achy, I remind myself why I feel this way and try to be thankful for every moment. You seem to think bed time is playtime and you get to really moving around when we are riding in the car. I already feel like you are a daddy’s girl. When he talks you usually respond. Of course you do that when the dog barks too. :)  I can’t wait to see your daddy holding you in his arms. I can’t wait to watch you sleep. I can’t wait to hear your noises and see you learn. I just can’t wait. 

Little one, I love you with all of my heart already. You are a blessing from God and you have so many friends and family waiting for your arrival. Our lives already revolve around you. Getting ready for you, cleaning and organizing for you, shopping for you! Although I am tired and wobbly, and ready to see the face that I can only imagine right now, I will patiently wait for you (for a few more days).

Love, 
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment