I am lucky enough to not have a doctors appointment this week, so no waiting impatiently or letting someone take my blood. But, the weeks that I don't get to see the doctor I actually miss it. I miss hearing her little heartbeat and getting the reassurance from a professional that everything is going great. I miss getting measured and yes, stepping on the scale. Because I know that all these things mean I still have a healthy little girl in there and it brings me one week closer to seeing her beautiful face. So this week I will weigh and measure myself, and maybe I will finally be able to pick up the heartbeat on our handheld fetal doppler. And I will try to patiently await my appointment next Friday!!
I am definitely not trying to rush through this pregnancy. I am even enjoying it for the most part. I am beginning to realize that there are only 9 weeks left and I feel so unprepared. I am sure that every first time parent has doubts about everything. I am thankful to have so many wonderful friends and family that either have children already, or are experiencing this with me for the first time. They have been a wealth of knowledge and so supportive. And I am so lucky to have an amazing spouse that will do anything for me and puts up with me when I am feeling down. I know that we will learn together and succeed together. I am very blessed!

No comments:
Post a Comment